With the Fall season, comes apple season! And we all know there are innumerable wonderful and delicious things, that can be made with apples!
They really are a fruit of so many gifts. But some recipes take a lot more ambition, than others!
If you just want to enjoy the simplicity and goodness of apples, while still having a great celebration happening in your mouth, than this applesauce recipe is for you!
Applesauce is also a versatile food, that can be used in so many different ways. We’ll talk about there here, too.
- 4-6 pounds Apples, Peeled, Cored, And Cut Into 8 Slices
- 1 cup Water
- Juice Of 1 Lemon (or 6 shakes of doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon or Cassia, More Or Less To Taste
(*Optional Ingredients: Nutmeg, Maple Syrup, Allspice, Butter)
It’s This Simple:
1. First, we always recommend you begin with washed, organic apples, if possible.
What kind of apples? That’s up to you! But varieties of the sweet and soft kind, are best when making applesauce. In this recipe, we used all McIntosh apples, and so can attest to the goodness of an applesauce made with that variety! But [Read more…]