It’s been 7 months today, since our last post, while I worked on a great big work project. But we are back now, ready to really rock and roll again! And with a whole new brand design look, too! What do you think? Do you love our [Read more…]
WELCOME, to the ALL NEW,
OUR HOUSE OF JOYFUL NOISE! OH, have I been dying to spill, about all of this! You may have noticed, we’ve barely been posting on the blog, and THIS is why! We have MOVED the blog, switched up our name a little, and started an all new Facebook Page! Generally speaking, we have really just opened up the windows all over the place, and there is a whole lot of freshness coming in!
JANUARY. The name of this month, comes from the Roman god named Janus – /Jay-ness/, the god of doors and gates. The patron of beginnings and endings, and especially of the important events of a person’s life. This roman god has been represented with 2 faces; one which looks back to the past, and one that looks ahead to the future.
I never knew of this roman god, and when I learned of where the name of January derives from recently, here at the beginning of this new year, and particularly at this point in my life, really resonated with me. Because it spoke to me, personally. The imaginary vision of this door of light, for me, beautifully depicts not only the leaving behind of the year behind me and the one ahead, but all of the changes I am making in my life, and with our blog here, at the start of this year.
WHAT CHANGES, YOU ASK?
Well that’s what I’m about to tell you about. But where to start?
BIG CHANGE IN BUSINESS, FOR ME.
- This was a huge decision for me. But after 13 years, I have decided to put my business, Laura Lee Richard Photography, on serious and indefinite hiatus. I have felt this desire to do this, coming, for awhile. Last year, I limited the clients I took. In doing that, it made me realize what I really needed and wanted to do. And that is, to just let it go for now. I have many reasons, but here are some, in order of importance:
- I want to put even more, into raising and homeschooling my awesome kids, and be completely available for all of their various schedules, commitments, lessons, games, activities and fun. I love, love, love homeschooling them! Still! Plus, I am prepping our oldest for college now, and that’s serious business! I love this life style of ours. I love these years with my kids growing up, so very much, and I don’t want to miss any of it!
- I know I am known as a professional photographer, and I’ll always still be one. (Just not in business right now.) But, did you know, I was once known as an illustrator? I really, really have a deep longing, to get back to my creative roots. I want to draw more, paint more, for me and with my kids! Just get back to more of my hand-skill art, and enjoying that process again. I truly have many, many creative outlets that I want to indulge in, actually, as time allows. Including some graphic designing, which you could very well benefit from, on occasion. ; ) I have an art education in these things, as well as photography. There is no pressure on me, to create art for anyone but me now. So it will come as it does. But I do look forward to sharing it all, with you, right here on the blog, along the way.
- Throughout my years in photography, I have seen the photography industry gradually change. More than ever, it is really going down paths I am not interested in battling. As much as I have loved doing all of the portrait photography I have done for my clients over the past 13 years, I have a real drive to really nurture other business endeavors, that I can sanely and happily do on my time. While focusing on the things that bring me such joy. Such as my family, and of course…..
IT LOOKS DIFFERENT. BUT WHAT ELSE WILL BE NEW HERE?
Yes, it does look very different! So how do you like the new place? I really went through the gamut, deciding on a design for the new header. I wanted a logo icon out of it, but I wanted it to express so much more. I was all over the place with this one, literally lying awake most nights, brainstorming, and sketching out thoughts during the day. Then I had too many ideas. I prayed on it, and finally I came up with and designed this, myself. It conveys everything, I wanted it too. I love the clean and simplicity of it. Window = House. Window = New Experiences. Window=LIGHT=Truth=God. Windows especially represent light, for me. I do, and have always loved natural light! Light is a necessity, for me. Because 1) I am an artist. 2) I am a photographer, always working it. 3) I used to struggle with Seasonal Affective Disorder (before I filled my house with windows!), and 4) Because God is the light of our life, and our rock! I love colors too, as they represent all of life and creativity, that we can only truly see, with light. ; ) The header/logo flat out makes me happy when I see it. We hope you love the new digs too!
Just a slight change there. It was just easier. We’ll leave it at that.
This one is one of the big deciding factors, for an all new blog. For those of you who have been following us, with the crazy aggregate feeds and changes, you know what I am talking about, People! No more!! One feed for all, and all for one! BUT THIS MEANS YOU PROBABLY NEED TO RE-SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG! But no crazy explanations or directions. Just subscribe as you normally do, and perhaps remove our former blog feed (the one with the word OUR in it) from your subscriptions. (No more posts will be coming to you through that.) You’ll really want to re-subscribe, subscribe for the first time, or follow us on our all new Facebook Page! (See the pretty social buttons at the top of the page! 🙂 While subscribing will notify you of our new posts, liking our new Facebook Page will add a whole new element of fun for you! We’ll be sharing what we are working on, all kinds of little things, be able to better interact with you, share great links to other blogger’s projects and ideas we think you’d love, as well as some things we’ve shared before that you may have missed. And….my random thoughts, which can be rather interesting all by themselves sometimes! That, and so much more. The activity on our all new Facebook Page is going to be really kicked up a notch! So if you are on Facebook, LIKE us today, and join the fun with us! We’d hate for you to miss out on all of that, and it’s such a great place to connect, with YOU!
WHY? WHAT IS COMING UP AT THE NEW HOUSE?
Well, a lot of the same kind content we’ve been sharing, with lots of photos as always. But more of it! Perhaps some different presentation, and style to my blogging. We will be all over the social networks now, and we’re sure you’re going to love all that is coming:
- Tasty recipes for you and your family to try.
- Farmhouse / Home decor that may inspire you.
- Our unique home improvements and furniture projects that make farmhouse-style house a home!
- What’s being created in our art studio!
- New fun crafts with step by step directions, for you or your kids.
- Homeschooling chit-chat.
- Our occasional personal celebrations and fun.
- Thoughts on parenting, self, life & faith.
. . . . . . and more.
All in all, we are planning on a whole lot of content that we invite you to just enjoy reading about, sharing, or using as an inspirational spring-board, for yourself!
And don’t forget! We have nearly 4 years of archives on all of these topics, to look back through as well!
BUT WAIT!! THERE’S MORE!!
(I always wanted to say that. lol)
I have really been on a journey of personal growth. It has been a challenging experience at times, but also such beautiful thing. For all of the joy we have felt in our life, I feel it all blossoming even more. God is never done with us, is He? I am growing, and seeking growth, in many ways. And while this is in many areas of my life, I am positive it will all carry over and be reflected in our blog. I am also positive, you will all help me along, with your words of wisdom, and encouragement, that I am certain you will share. In fact, I am counting on it! Because, although I am still contemplating how I want to go about this, I believe I’ll be venturing into new territories, in some topic content. A series, so t0 speak, with deeper personal topics, that I am sure many out there will be able to relate to, in some way. Not too heavy. It’ll be a good thing. I don’t want to say too much, because I am still a little scared! It’s QUITE out of my personal comfort zone. But, I am thinking it through, praying on it, and I hope you’ll stick around to encourage me, if I dip my toe in the water! ; )
ONE THING IS FOR SURE, FRIENDS! . . . . . .
It’s going to be a ride at the HOUSE!! You are going to see things changing and growing, all of the time! And we sincerely invite you all, to come along with us! Share in it with us, and bring your own special touches with you! Invite your friends, to the HOUSE too! YOU are why we have grown so much! YOU are why we have felt so encouraged to keep making (Our) House Of Joyful Noise be all that it can be! So be sure to stay with us, or join us starting today!! Please go hit those pretty buttons at the top in the header of the blog, and subscribe to this all new blog, and/or follow us on our all new Facebook Page! It’s a new blog here, so most of those subscribed before must subscribe again, to stay with us! It depends on how you subscribe, but why take the chance to miss us? ; ) We’ll see you around! But before you go, please say hello and let us know how you like the new House Of Joyful Noise! (We’d love your honest feedback!)
-Laura & our the Richard Family!)